Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Use of TABLE Functionality

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 am Change Time Zone

If you feel like this process really must be automated further, consider using XSLT to translate the XML into ECL. For most XML, that should be a fairly simple translation.

Cheers,

Dan
DSC
Community Advisory Board Member

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:11 pm Change Time Zone

Richard,

Since the frequency is only once a Month, then I suggest that you simply change the ECL code at the same time that you update the XML file

You mean to say, i should use ECL File only, should not try xml again? :?

Thank You,
Pradeep
Pradeep

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm Change Time Zone

Dan,

If you feel like this process really must be automated further, consider using XSLT to translate the XML into ECL

I didn't understand this use of XSLT to translate the xml into ECL?

Can you explain in detail a bit, I'm new to this ECL and i dont know
all the concepts? :?

If u see previous posts, u'll come to know that i'm not able to use the xml, the way i want!!

Thank You,
Pradeep
Pradeep

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm Change Time Zone

XSLT stands for "XSL Transformations" and it's a technology unrelated to HPCC. Basically, it allows you to transform an XML document into something else, with quite a bit of control over the process. That "something else" can be anything, not just another XML document. My suggestion is simply to make that "anything" an ECL file containing your RECORD and TABLE declarations, based on the values found in the XML document. Once you write the XSLT transform (which is a file) you would pass it and your XML document to something like xsltproc to create the ECL file. Integrating that ECL file, so that it's actually usable in your workflow, depends more on your workflow than anything else. At any rate, I would suggest searching the 'net for XSLT for more information on that technology. It's pretty extensive.

Richard's suggestion is spot-on, though. Get started by modifying the ECL manually. Once you get it working the way you want, you'll then be in a good place to try to automate the process as you'll know exactly what the XSLT needs to produce.

Hope this helps.

Dan
DSC

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 am Change Time Zone

Dan,

Thanks for the details!! :)

I'll try out this XSLT transform.

Thank You,
Pradeep
Pradeep