Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:36 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

Joining two index with different keys

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:02 pm Change Time Zone

I'm pulling some data that has a set of keys lets say titled: keyA and keyB. I have the second index with keys: keyZ, keyX. THe keys dont contain any of the same info so I don't want to have to use them to do my join conditional. Now suppose both data sets have a a bunch of fields, let one of those fields be titled "name." I want my join condition to be just index1.name=index2.name, but of course ECL says I have to use the keys in join condition, any way around this?
jtaylor306

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 pm Change Time Zone

jtaylor306,
but of course ECL says I have to use the keys in join condition
I know of no such restriction, so what makes you think that's the case? Are you getting some error or warning? If so, exactly what does that say?

I could speak to your specific problem much better if I could see the actual code. Can you post more details please? At the very least, the JOIN that you're having the problem with would help.

HTH,

Richard
rtaylor
Community Advisory Board Member
Community Advisory Board Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 pm Change Time Zone

rtaylor wrote:jtaylor306,
but of course ECL says I have to use the keys in join condition
I know of no such restriction, so what makes you think that's the case? Are you getting some error or warning? If so, exactly what does that say?

I could speak to your specific problem much better if I could see the actual code. Can you post more details please? At the very least, the JOIN that you're having the problem with would help.

HTH,

Richard

Hey Richard,

Never even noticed anyone responded to this post. Anyways, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong when I originally wrote this post(it was my 2nd day with ECL) because I have most it working now. Thank you!
jtaylor306

Return to ECL