Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Login Register Lost Password? Contact Us

HPCC Architecture Performance

Comments and questions related to the Enterprise Control Language

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:56 pm Change Time Zone

All,

I'm trying to determine if the HPCC Architecture is playing a role in the performance degradation I'm seeing with one implementation. We have an ECL module that makes a POST call to a Java plugin that in turn makes a POST call a public facing end point. We are restricted from going out to a public network from the HPCC environment so from the Java plugin I've implemented it in such a way that it hops over to an AWS network that can reach the public network. While it is performing a double hop/POST it's able to securely reach the public facing end point and return the result. I'm seeing some degradation in performance and I'm trying to determine all steps in this setup that will be causing slowness. Regarding the HPCC Architecture and given the above mentioned setup how would network traffic flow out of the HPCC space and into the AWS realm? Would all the traffic go out through the master since it dishes out the slave and worker nodes? Some other way?
wjblack

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:34 pm Change Time Zone

Hi,
I will try to help. But can you send your ECL or some pseudo-code of your ECL to help me fully understand ?
If you are running on Thor and really on Thor (not hThor) then I would say there
is a separate connection from each Thor slave. But I really wat to understand more before I feel I can answer accurately.
thanks,
mark
mkellyhpcc

Return to ECL