February 15, 2018 - Webinar
Join us February 15 for another episode of The Download: HPCC Systems Community Tech Talks!
This series of workshops is specifically designed for the community by the community with the goal to share knowledge, spark innovation, and further build and link the relationships within our HPCC Systems community.
Featured speakers and topics include:
- Raj Chandrasekaran, CTO & Co-Founder, ClearFunnel - Scaling Data Science Capabilities: Leveraging a Homogeneous Big Data Ecosystem
Raj will provide a practitioner's perspective of how his company has successfully leveraged the advantages of HPCC Systems to build and operate high-end Big Data Analytics solutions for multiple clients. He will delve into some of the core capabilities and extensions in HPCC Systems, which have allowed a single, homogeneous tech stack to successfully power use cases across a diverse spectrum Big Data and Machine Learning domains.
- James McMullan, Software Engineer III, LexisNexis Risk Solutions - HDFS Connector Preview
James will be presenting about an in-progress ECL Plugin that allows reading/writing data from/to the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS). Topics covered will include the design of the plugin and how it differs from previous connectors, and a demo using the connector to interact with files in HDFS.
- Bob Foreman, Senior Software Engineer, LexisNexis Risk Solutions - Building a RELATIONal Dataset - A Valentine’s Day Special!
Bob will review the power of creating a relational dataset using ECL. What language tools are at our disposal and what are the benefits of using them? Bob explores and answers these questions, as well as demonstrates the best practices of this process.
Submit a talk for an upcoming episode!
- Have a new success story to share?
- Want to pitch a new use case?
- Have a new HPCC Systems application you want to demo?
- Want to share some helpful ECL tips and code sample?
- Have a new suggestion for the roadmap?
It’s easy! All you need to do is submit a talk title and brief abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org. If chosen, you will be asked to present remotely for an upcoming 20-minute tech talk.
Click here to see more details about the Tech Talks!