March 15, 2018 - Webinar
Join us March 15 for another episode of The Download: HPCC Systems Community Tech Talks!
This series of workshops is specifically designed for the community by the community with the goal to share knowledge, spark innovation, and further build and link the relationships within our HPCC Systems community.
Featured speakers and topics include:
- Itauma Itauma, PhD Candidate, Keiser University - Conducting Exploratory Data Analysis in Educational Research Using HPCC Systems®
Itauma Itauma is a doctoral candidate at Keiser University, a computer science instructor at Wayne State University and an online instructor at Southern New Hampshire University. His interests lie in learning analytics and utilizing HPCC Systems for educational research. He has an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Ilorin and two Masters Degrees, a Master of Science in Computer Engineering from Istanbul Technical University, majoring in human-robot interaction and a Master of Science in Computer Science from Wayne State University where his thesis was based on leveraging HPCC Systems for Big Data analytics.
Itauma's research illustrates the use of HPCC Systems for quantitative data analysis in educational research. Utilizing HPCC Systems, an exploration of the dataset of the High School Longitudinal Study of 2009 (HSLS:09) is performed. HSLS:09 is a national study of over 23,000 ninth graders from 944 schools in 2009 through their secondary and post-secondary years. Analysis will include an examination of the association between Math identity and Math self-efficacy in high school.
- Ignacio Calvo, Software Engineering Lead, LexisNexis Risk Solutions – Big Data and Geospatial with HPCC Systems®
Ignacio is a Software Engineering Lead with 17 years of experience in the development of IT projects for different markets (insurance, finance, telecom, retailing). He has been working for 5 years in LexisNexis creating Big Data solutions with geospatial capabilities using HPCC Systems. He is the organizer of the HPCC Systems meetup group in Dublin and a CoderDojo mentor.
This presentation covers one topic that LexisNexis Risk Solutions has mastered after several years: Geospatial. Ignacio will reveal how we deal with very specific spatial challenges in our day-to-day use cases:
- Introduction to Geospatial
- Answer questions combining the best of BigData and geospatial analysis.
- Ingestion and use of raster and vector data with our Massive Parallel Processing platform (Thor).
- Store and query spatial information with sub-second queries, using our data refinery (Roxie)
- And much more…
- Bob Foreman, Senior Software Engineer, HPCC Systems, LexisNexis Risk Solutions - The Top Ten Common ECL Compiler/Runtime Errors and How to Correct Them
Bob Foreman has worked with the HPCC Systems technology platform and the ECL programming language for over 5 years, and has been a technical trainer for over 25 years. He is the developer and designer of the HPCC Systems Online Training Courses, and is the Senior Instructor for all classroom and Webex/Lync based training.
In all of the ECL training classes over the many years, there are consistent ECL compiler/runtime errors that surface in every class. The HPCC Systems training and documentation team have assembled a list of these most common errors, why they occur, and how you can fix them.
Submit a talk for an upcoming episode!
- Have a new success story to share?
- Want to pitch a new use case?
- Have a new HPCC Systems application you want to demo?
- Want to share some helpful ECL tips and code sample?
- Have a new suggestion for the roadmap?
It’s easy! All you need to do is submit a talk title and brief abstract to email@example.com. If chosen, you will be asked to present remotely for an upcoming 20-minute tech talk.
Save the date for upcoming episodes!
Click here to see more details about the Tech Talks!