2014 HPCC Systems Engineering Summit
October 7, 2014
8:30am - 5:00pm
LexisNexis Risk Solutions hosts 2014 HPCC Systems Engineering Summit
The purpose of the Summit is to gather our HPCC engineers, data scientists and technology team to share knowledge and future roadmap plans on the HPCC Systems platform.
This year, one full day is dedicated to showcase our community and have our corporate and academic partners present their HPCC Systems use cases, research projects and share their experience. This includes speakers from Comrise, Archway Health Advisors, RNET Technologies, North Carolina State University, Clemson University, Florida Atlantic University and more.
The agenda will run from 8:30am – 5:00pm ET.
Live Stream Track One
1. Kick-Off & Overview – Vijay Raghavan, LexisNexis (8:30-8:50)
2. HPCC Progress Update/Roadmap Overview – Flavio Villanustre, LexisNexis (8:50-9:30)
3. HPCC Use Case; “Because Who Has Time for MapReduce?!” – John Andleman, Citrix (9:30-10:00)
Live Stream Track Two
1. Building An HPCC Systems Community in Silicon Valley – Fujio Turner, Big Data/NoSQL Engineer (10:15-10:45)
2. Do Algorithms Beat Instinct in Hiring? – Handan Xiao, Jonathan Zhang & Emma Liu, Comrise (10:45-11:15)
3. U.S. Healthcare Payment Reform: Applying HPCC Systems to Medicare’s Bundled Payments Innovation Program – Tony Cheng and Luke Pezet, Archway Health Advisors (11:15-11:45)
Live Stream Track Three
1. HPCC/ECL Training “What’s New?” – Richard Taylor and Ganglia Monitoring Demo – Gleb Aronsky (12:15-12:45)
2. Improving Thor Data Loading Using Parallel Format-Agnostic Direct Spraying – Mohammad Rashti (12:45-1:15)
3. Collaborative Research with Florida Atlantic Univ (FAU) & LexisNexis – Borko Furht, Victor Herrera & Edin Muharemagic (1:15-2:15)
Live Stream Track Four
1. Leveraging HPCC Systems with VCL (Virtual Computing Lab) – Vince Freeh, NC State (2:30-3:00)
2. Applications of HPCC Systems at Clemson Univ – Amy Apon & Linh Ngo, Clemson Univ (3:00-3:40)
3. KEL Community Version – Eric Blood, LexisNexis (3:40-4:20)
4. La-Z-Boy EDA: Building Complex NLP & EDA Processes the Easy Way with Circuits and Dashboard – Drea Leed & Joe Chambers, LexisNexis (4:20-5:00)