Call for Presentations Now Open
HPCC Systems® from LexisNexis® Risk Solutions offers an open source proven, data-intensive supercomputing platform designed for the enterprise to process and deliver Big Data analytical solutions. HPCC Systems underpins the platforms and services of LexisNexis Risk Solutions and many other products across RELX Group plc, a global information solutions powerhouse with $10 billion of revenue. Customers, such as financial institutions, insurance carriers, insurance companies, law enforcement agencies, federal government and other enterprise-class organizations leverage the HPCC Systems technology through LexisNexis® products and services.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions will be hosting the 5th annual HPCC Systems Summit Community Day. The purpose of the Summit is to gather engineers, data scientists and technology professionals to share knowledge and future roadmap plans for the HPCC Systems platform. This event is dedicated to showcase our community and have industry and academia present their HPCC Systems use cases, research projects and share their experience on how they leverage the HPCC Systems platform.
You are cordially invited to submit a speaking proposal and/or poster abstract to the HPCC Systems Summit Community Day taking place on October 8-9, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Authors of selected submissions will have the opportunity to participate and present at the Summit. Proposals must include how HPCC Systems was leveraged in the areas of big data analytics, research and benchmarking, case studies, proof of concepts (POC), data mining and discovery, machine learning and natural language processing methodologies, graph analytics, IoT solutions, or any other use of the HPCC Systems platform. Discuss any observations and/or recommendations to the community. Submissions should be submitted via email.
Poster Presentations Competition
As part of Community Day, we will hold our 3rd annual poster presentations competition on Monday October 8, 2018 showcasing the work of our academia community. The posters will be on display throughout the event. Review the contest rules for more information and how to submit an entry.
Hands on ECL Workshops
Based on the sellout crowd last year, we will be holding two workshops this year on Monday October 8, 2018. The morning session will cover an overview of the HPCC Systems platform including data extraction and transformation using ECL. The afternoon session will allow attendees to work on a real world data problem putting their knowledge to use. Stay tuned for registration details.
We are offering sponsorship packages for our community partners to showcase and position their brand in front of key decision makers and influencers. Interested sponsors can email us for more details.
In your speaking proposal, please include:
- The proposed title of your presentation.
- A session description of at least 175 - 300 words. (Presentations will range from 20-40 minutes each)
- Your bio, 125–150 words.
- Your name, company name or university (if applicable), mailing and e-mail addresses, phone number.
- Twitter and blog addresses (if you have them).
- High resolution headshot image in color (300dpi, 600x900 pixels is preferred but send whatever you have available.)
- Entrants for the Poster Presentations Competition should refer to the Contest Rules.
Tips and Resources
- Provide clear objectives and detail about the presentation as possible.
- Include not only what your talk will be about but who will benefit from hearing it, what they will learn from it, and any prior knowledge of topics required.
- Keep proposals and presentations free of any marketing or sales pitches.
- See the agenda and session descriptions from last year to give you an idea.
- Watch the presentations from last year as reference.
|Abstract Submissions Deadline:||July 20, 2018|
|Notification of Acceptance:||July 31, 2018|
|Registration Opens:||August 1, 2018|
|Poster Abstract Submission Deadline:||September 7, 2018|
|Event Registration Deadline:||September 26, 2018|
|Speaker Arrival:||October 8, 2018|
|Workshops:||October 8, 2018|
|Poster Competition:||October 8, 2018|
|Community Day Event:||October 9, 2018|
The event will be live-streamed via the HPCC Systems YouTube channel and promoted via Twitter #HPCCSummit. More information on registration, agenda, venue and other logistics will be shared soon.
Flavio Villanustre, VP Technology, HPCC Systems Lead
Trish McCall, Director, HPCC Systems Programs
Jessica Lorti, Director, HPCC Systems Marketing
Lorraine Chapman, Consulting Business Analyst & Internship Program Manager