October 15 - Workshop & Poster Competition
October 16 - Community Day Event
LexisNexis Risk Solutions will host the 6th annual HPCC Systems Summit Community Day, scheduled for October 15-16, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. The purpose of the Summit is to gather engineers, data scientists and technology professionals to share knowledge and future roadmap plans for the HPCC Systems platform. This event is dedicated to showcase our community and have industry and academia present their HPCC Systems use cases, research projects and share their experience on how they leverage the HPCC Systems platform.
Call for Presentations
You are cordially invited to participate and submit a speaking proposal to the HPCC Systems Summit Community Day happening on Wednesday October 16, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Authors of selected submissions will have the opportunity to present on Community Day. Speaking proposals must include how HPCC Systems was leveraged in the areas of big data analytics, research and benchmarking, case studies, proof of concepts (POC), data mining and discovery, machine learning and natural language processing methodologies, graph analytics, IoT solutions, or any other use of the HPCC Systems platform. Discuss any observations and/or recommendations to the community. Submissions should be submitted via email.
In your speaking proposal, please include:
- The proposed title of your presentation
- A session description of at least 175-300 words. (Presentations will range from 20 - 30 minutes each.)
- Your name, title, company name/university, and bio, 125-150 words
- Contact information to include your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Twitter and blog addresses (if applicable)
- High resolution headshot image in color (300dpi, 600x900 pixels is preferred but send whatever you have available.)
- Tips and Resources for your abstract:
- Provide clear objectives and detail about the presentation as possible.
- Include not only what your talk will be about but who will benefit from hearing it, what they will learn from it, and any prior knowledge of topics required.
- Keep proposals and presentations free of any marketing or sales pitches.
- See the agenda and session descriptions from last year to give you an idea.
- Watch the presentations from last year as reference.
Hands on ECL Workshop
A half-day workshop will kick off the event from 8:30am - 12:30pm on Tuesday, October 15. This new four hour workshop is for Community Day participants who want to understand the HPCC Systems platform and learn ECL to build powerful data queries. Anyone who needs a basic familiarity and wants to learn best practices with ECL should attend. The workshop will take students through the data extraction, transformation, and delivery cycle using HPCC Systems and ECL. Code examples and hands-on lessons will be included. A public dataset based on the Million Song Dataset, and other auxiliary data will be used.
Poster Presentations Competition
The 4th annual poster presentations competition will be held on Tuesday, October 15 showcasing the work of our academia community on how students leveraged the HPCC Systems platform. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded as part of the Community Recognition ceremony during the Wednesday, October 16 main agenda. View the Contest rules for more information and how to submit an entry.
Interactive Expo - NEW!
New this year is an Interactive Expo where attendees can engage with our HPCC Systems experts, try out demos, seek advice and guidance on new features and platform infrastructure.
We are planning a great lineup of speakers so check back soon for registration, venue and other details. View a sneak peek of the high level agenda. The event will be live-streamed via the HPCC Systems YouTube channel and promoted via Twitter #HPCCSummit.
Once again, we will offer sponsorship packages to our industry partners wanting to showcase their brand and take part in the events. Email the event committee for details.
|CFP Submission Deadline:||August 5, 2019|
|Poster Abstract Deadline:||September 30, 2019|