In this talk, Arjuna Chala, showcases how the completely free and open source HPCC Systems Data Lake platform has developed powerful storage and compute capabilities able to manage massive quantities of data as well as an open source data curation and governance system called Tombolo.
Arjuna will discuss new and growing company platform case studies as well as how the system enables you to:
- Achieve better performance, near real-time results and full-spectrum operational scale — without a massive development team, unnecessary add-ons or increased processing costs.
- Curate data – the ability to automatically identify and classify a data file.
- Govern sensitive data – automatically identify sensitive data files, apply any necessary usage restrictions to that data.
- Keep accurate records – of who, how, and when a user or application interacts with a sensitive data file.
- Embed languages & integrate third party tools- including Spark, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Python and many more!
About our speaker:
With almost 25 years of experience in software design, Arjuna is responsible for HPCC Systems evangelism by helping customer implementations and engagement. Arjuna has a passion for data analytics innovation around healthcare, fintech, cryptocurrency, and smart devices. Dedicated to development excellence, Arjuna served as a team member to bring the HPCC Systems platform to the open-source community. In his work with HPCC Systems community leaders and startup incubators, Arjuna’s efforts have contributed to the spread of HPCC Systems technology into the enterprise domestically as well as in the international markets of China, Brazil, Europe, and India. Arjuna has a BS in Computer Science from RVCE, Bangalore University.