October 12, 2016 – Atlanta, GA
HPCC Systems® from LexisNexis® Risk Solutions offers an open source proven, data-intensive supercomputing platform designed for the enterprise to process and deliver Big Data analytical solutions. HPCC Systems underpins the platforms and services of LexisNexis Risk Solutions and many other products across RELX Group plc, a global information solutions powerhouse with $10 billion of revenue. Customers, such as financial institutions, insurance carriers, insurance companies, law enforcement agencies, federal government and other enterprise-class organizations leverage the HPCC Systems technology through LexisNexis® products and services.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions hosts an annual HPCC Systems Engineering Summit. The purpose of the Summit is to gather engineers, data scientists and technology professionals to share knowledge and future roadmap plans for the HPCC Systems platform. One full day is dedicated to showcase the community and have industry and academia present their HPCC Systems use cases, research projects and share their experience on how they leverage the HPCC Systems platform.
New this year, we held our very first poster presentations competition showcasing the work of our academia community. We would like to congratulate all our participants and the winners!
We had a great lineup of speakers from industry and academia on the agenda. The live-streamed recordings are available via the HPCC Systems YouTube channel and the links to specific talks, as they become available, are below. The event was promoted via Twitter #HPCCSummit.
Track 1 – HPCC Systems in Industry: Real World Use Cases
- Boot-strapping a Big Data Solutions Startup: HPCC Systems on Amazon – Raj Chandrasekaran, ClearFunnel – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Seeing Your HPCC Systems Data Where You Want – Jerod Johnson, CData Software – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- ECL Builder – An ECL Web Interface for Analytics – Narasimha Gopal, Infosys – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- How CPL Online has Progressed with HPCC Systems & Enhanced HPCC Systems Training – David Dasher, CPL Online, & Bob Foreman, LexisNexis Risk Solutions – Watch Recording / View Presentation
Track 2 – HPCC Systems in Academia: Beyond the Classroom
- Similarity Search on Big Data – J.C. Freytag & Fabian Fier, Humboldt University Berlin – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Unsupervised Learning and Image Classification in High Performance Computing Cluster – Itauma Itauma, Wayne State University – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Understanding High-dimensional Networks for Continuous Variables Using ECL – Syed Rahman & Kshitij Khare, University of Florida – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Optimizing Supervised and Implementing Unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithms in HPCC Systems – Victor Herrera & Maryam Najafabadi, FAU – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Game-Changing NFL Analytics with KEL – Vincent Freeh, NC State – Watch Recording / View Presentation
Track 3 – HPCC Systems in the Limelight: Success Across RELX
- Leveraging the AWS Cloud to Create Scalable Research Performance Analytics – Sreekanth Mopuru, Elsevier – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Enabling Aviation Analytics through HPCC Systems – Michael Targett, RBI – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Farm Management System – Delivering a Precision Agriculture Solution – Jeff Bradshaw & Graeme McCracken, RBI – Watch Recording / View Presentation
Community Awards – Flavio Villanustre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions – Watch Recording
Track 4 – HPCC Systems in the Community: Driving Innovation
- Driving HPCC Systems Forward: The Roadmap Now and What the Future Holds – Moderator: Lorraine Chapman, LexisNexis Risk Solutions – Watch Recording / View Presentation
- Build Something From Nothing: A Center of Excellence Approach with TechSquare Labs – Moderator: Brock Kolls, TechSquare Labs – Watch Recording