October 8-9, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
HPCC Systems® from LexisNexis® Risk Solutions offers an open source proven, data-intensive supercomputing platform designed for the enterprise to process and deliver Big Data analytical solutions. HPCC Systems underpins the platforms and services of LexisNexis Risk Solutions and many other products across RELX Group plc, a global information solutions powerhouse with $10 billion of revenue. Customers, such as financial institutions, insurance carriers, insurance companies, law enforcement agencies, federal government and other enterprise-class organizations leverage the HPCC Systems technology through LexisNexis® products and services.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions hosted the 5th annual HPCC Systems Summit Community Day on October 8-9, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia. The purpose of the Summit is to gather engineers, data scientists and technology professionals to share knowledge and future roadmap plans for the HPCC Systems platform. This event is dedicated to showcase our community and have industry and academia present their HPCC Systems use cases, research projects and share their experience on how they leverage the HPCC Systems platform.
The agenda included talks on how HPCC Systems is leveraged in the areas of big data analytics, research and benchmarking, case studies, proof of concepts (POC), data mining and discovery, machine learning and natural language processing methodologies, graph analytics, IoT solutions, and other uses of the HPCC Systems platform.
Hands on ECL Workshops
Two workshops kicked off the event on Monday October 8, 2018. The morning session “Data Extraction and Transformation with ECL” covered an overview of the HPCC Systems platform. The afternoon session “Real World Data Problems and Easy ECL Solutions” allowed attendees to work on a real world data problem putting their knowledge to use.
Poster Presentations Competition
As part of Community Day, the 3rd annual poster presentations competition was held on Monday October 8, 2018, showcasing the work of our academia community. The posters were featured in the exhibit area throughout the event and also showcased in the breakout sessions.
The live-streamed recordings are now available via the HPCC Systems YouTube channel. The event was promoted via Twitter #HPCCSummit.
Track 1 – HPCC Systems in Industry: Real World Use Cases
- Welcome, Flavio Villanustre, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording
- Platinum Sponsorship Keynote: Driving Innovation with Artificial Intelligence, Badhri Krishnamoorthy, Cognizant Watch Recording / View Slides
- Gold Sponsorship Keynote: Soaring Through Emerging Technologies in the Big Data Era, Prasad Joshi, Infosys Watch Recording / View Slides
- Prepaid Banking on Steroids – Managing Massively Scalable Datasets with Ease, Jeff Lewis, Sutton Bank Watch Recording / View Slides
- HPCC Systems vs SAS: The Final Countdown, Luke Pezet, Archway Health Advisors Watch Recording / View Slides
- Integrating CRM and Sales Systems to Drive ROI and Increase Sales Projection Accuracy by 10x, David Dasher, CPL Online Watch Recording / View Slides
- How HPCC Systems is Building the next generation Credit Bureau, David Wheelock, Mauricio Nunes de Oliveira, Robert Berger & Lucas Sobrinho, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
Track 2 – HPCC Systems in Academia: Beyond the Classroom
- Deep Content Learning in Traffic Prediction and Text Classification, Jingqing Zhang, Imperial College of London Watch Recording / View Slides
- Parallel Distributed Deep Learning on HPCC Systems Taghi Khoshgoftaar & Robert Kennedy, Florida Atlantic University Watch Recording / View Slides
- Autonomous Agricultural Robot: Is the Machine Uprising Coming Sooner Than You Think? Taiowa Donovan & Robotics Team, American Heritage School Watch Recording / View Slides / View Robotics Demo
Track 3 – HPCC Systems Roadmap Tech Talks
- Data Patterns – A Native Open Source Data Profiling Tool for HPCC Systems, Dan Camper, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- Making IoT Data Actionable Using Predictive Analytics Dan Camper & Hicham Elhassani, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- Learning Trees – Decision Tree Learning Methods, Roger Dev, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- A First Look at HPCC Systems 7.0, Innovation in Action, Gavin Halliday, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- Innovation with Connection, The new HPCC Systems Plugins and Modules, James McMullan, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
Track 4 – HPCC Systems Breakouts
Breakout Sessions – Rotation 1
- Documentation & Training: Poster Presentation: How to Be Rich: A Study of Monsters and Mice of American Industry, Zhe Yu, NC State University
Talk: Optimizing Set-Similarity Join and Search with Different Prefix Schemes, Fabian Fier, Humboldt University Berlin Watch Recording / View Slides
- Machine Learning: Poster Presentation: Equivalence Terms of Text Search Bundle, Farah Alshanik, Clemson University
Talk: Using HPCC Systems ML to Map Thousands of Public Records Data Descriptions to Standard Codes, Lili Xu, Clemson University & Gus Reyna, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- System Tools: Poster Presentation: MPI Proof of Concept, Saminda Wijeratne, Georgia Tech
Talk: Automated Test Systems for QA in your HPCC Systems Environment, Attila Vamos, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Suwanee Watch Recording / View Slides
- User Interfaces: Poster Presentation: Measuring the Geo-Social Distribution of Opioid Prescriptions, Nicole Navarro, New College of Florida
Talk: Visualizing your Data Natively on the HPCC Systems Platform with the “Visualizer Bundle”, Gordon Smith, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
Breakout Sessions – Rotation 2
- Documentation & Training: Talk: Preparing an Open Source Documentation Repository for Translations, Jim DeFabia, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- Machine Learning: Poster Presentation: Dimensionality Reduction on Pbblas, Hamdi Shah, Georgia State University
Talk: Predicting College STEM Enrollment using HPCC Systems in Educational Research, Itauma Itauma, Keiser University Watch Recording / View Slides
- System Tools: Poster Presentation: HPCC Systems Robotics Sensor Interface, Aramis Tanelus, American Heritage School
Talk:Visualizing HPCC Systems Log Data Using ELK, Rodrigo Pastrana & Miguel Vazquez, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
- User Interfaces: Poster Presentation:The Future of Automotive Telemetry: Assessing Inherent Risk Implications and Cyber Security Vulnerabilities, Matt Butler, Kennesaw State University
Talk:Using the Open Source VS Code Editor with the HPCC Systems Platform, Arjuna Chala, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Watch Recording / View Slides
Flavio Villanustre, VP Technology, HPCC Systems Lead
Trish McCall, Director, HPCC Systems Programs
Jessica Lorti, Director, HPCC Systems Marketing
Lorraine Chapman, Consulting Business Analyst & Internship Program Manager
Thank you to our sponsors!