A special offering to accommodate different time zones! The class will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams. Your instructor will send you a welcome email with details on what you will need after enrolling and login information before the class begins.
This class is for developers who want to understand the HPCC Systems platform and learn ECL to build powerful data queries. Anyone who needs a basic familiarity with ECL and planning to write and work with ECL code should attend this course.
Course Length: 4 days
Class Prerequisites: None. Students are welcome to take away the code and examples from the class.
- HPCC Systems Overview (THOR and Roxie)
- Introduction to ECL Concepts and Syntax
- Using the ECL IDE and ECL Watch programming tools
- Basic definition types – Boolean, Value, Set, Recordset
- Principles of ETL in ECL
- TRANSFORM functions (PROJECT, etc.)
- Lookup Tables
- Simple JOINs
- Data Patterns and Visualization
Class will begin at each day 3am ET and conclude at 11am ET (Monday-Thursday). Breaks will be provided throughout the day. Your instructor will provide more information before the class begins.
Contact Bob Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org.