Our collection of white papers provide in-depth analysis and discussion of the components of the HPCC Systems platform and how they stack up to other market place solutions.
How It Works
Using Juju Charm to Configure and Deploy HPCC Systems® on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
This is part one of a two part series on Using Juju Charm to Configure and Deploy HPCC Systems® on Amazon Web Services.View The PDF
Using HtS3 to Deploy HPCC Systems and Save and Restore Files
This paper describes how to setup and use HtS3 to configure and deploy HPCC Systems to AWS; as well as save and restore files on the deployed Thor cluster.View The PDF
Lambda Architecture and HPCC Systems
Lambda Architecture is a set of platform-agnostic principles and best practices for Big Data processing systems. This whitepaper explains how HPCC Systems is a naturally-evolved example of the Lambda Architecture.View The PDF
Customer White Papers
ClearFunnel and HPCC Systems
This study is a collaboration between HPCC Systems and ClearFunnel for bringing into focus the real world, multi-year experience of a cloud-based Big Data and Data Science startup in successfully building an advanced analytics business based upon using a homogeneous technology stack.View The PDF
Definitive HPCC Systems: Overview/Platform Setup
Written by HPCC Systems Chief Trainer and Senior Consulting Software Engineer, Richard Taylor
These Definitive HPCC Systems books are a three volume series to introduce the HPCC Systems platform to anyone interested in evaluating it for use on their own big data projects.
This first volume is an overview of the platform's infrastructure and design that shows how to quickly ramp up HPCC Systems environments for proofs of concept, then move on to production.
Big Data Technologies and Applications
Furht, Borko, Villanustre, Flavio (Eds.) 1st Edition, 2016, XVIII, 400 p. 118 illus.
- Describes real-life solutions using big data analytics
- Covers wide-ranging applications such as security, fraud, and machine learning
- Describes various data intensive applications
- Intended for a wide variety of people including researchers, scientists, programmers, engineers, designers, developers, educators, and students
Handbook of Data Intensive Computing
Furht, Borko; Escalante, Armando (Eds.) 2011, 2011, XVIII, 793 p. 297 illus.
- Describes and evaluates the current state-of-the-art in new field
- Presents current systems, and applications from main research labs in this new explosive field
- Written at a level that business managers, entrepreneurs, and investors will find beneficial
Handbook of Cloud Computing
Furht, Borko; Escalante, Armando (Eds.) 1st Edition., 2010, XIX, 634 p. 230 illus.
- Includes contributions from world experts working in academia, research institutions and industry
- Offers case studies, examples and exercises throughout
- Covers systems, tools, and services of leading providers such as Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft